Life After Salvation (In Four Simple Phrases)

Today is Day 29 of a 40-day devotional journey we're taking over at Around The Corner Ministries.  I love it when scripture speaks to me in a clear way.  Today's devotion is just such an example.

I thought I might share it with you!  If you want to join us for the rest of the journey there's still time.  You can find the details here:

http://www.aroundthecornerministries.org/40-days-of-spiritual-awareness/

Here's the word for today.

Take It In

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.
Titus 2:11-14

Think It Through

This passage of scripture is a wonderful summary of what the Christian’s life should be after salvation!  It simplifies life, and if taken to heart and lived out, brings a clarity of purpose and a confidence that we are doing exactly what God has called us to do!  Consider the four key elements we find here:

Deny ungodliness and worldly desires. 
Stay away from sin and say no to what your flesh wants. Avoid anything that brings shame to God.

Live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age.
Commit to being “anti-culture.”  The world we live in hates Jesus.  Expect it.  Make life choices that honor God.

Keep looking up, expecting Jesus to return at any moment.
It could happen today.  The hope of Jesus’ return keeps us from being distracted or discouraged.

Do good things with a passion that comes from knowing you belong to God.
You only have so much energy, passion and zeal.  Spend it on things that really matter: good deeds that serve others, love others, and cause others to want what we have:  salvation and a relationship with God.

Live It Out

Life can quickly get complicated and chaotic.  Our enemy is the master of distraction, and the daily routines of work, school, career, parenting, marriage, etc. can steal our joy and keep us from doing what really matters.  We are on this earth for one purpose: to be changed into the image of Christ and to tell others how He has transformed us.  What one thing can you eliminate from your life today, that will better allow you to carry out that purpose?  Let’s keep our hearts and lives free from sin, live righteously and be zealous for good deeds that influence others for the gospel…because He’s coming soon!

Philippians 3:13-14 – Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do; forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

PRAY TODAY

Dear Jesus, I am thankful that You never intended life to be complicated.  I confess that I get caught up in all of the things that my day-to-day life demands of me.  My world is busy, and my tendency is to be distracted by things that do not matter, and miss the most important things.  Forgive me for making life harder than it needs to be.  Thank You for Your word, that gives me perspective, settles my heart, and fills me with Your peace.  Teach me how to order my days so that I can be zealous and passionate for what brings You glory.  Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts